Happy Thanksgiving everyone! and it simply wouldn’t be Thanksgiving without a very special D//E movie-themed post! So here we have just a few of the best flicks, based around American’s most celebrated day..
5. Home Sweet Home (1981) - An escaped mental patient embarks on a killing spree over Thanksgiving weekend. A classic Horror/exploitation movie directed by Nettie Peña, and written by Thomas Bus. I remember watching this as a Vipco Vault classic back in the 90’s when movies like these were quite hard to get hold of.
4. Boogeyman (2005) - Around Thanksgiving, a man is stalked by the entity that haunted his childhood. This was quite a simple, yet effective horror movie. It’s a slow-builder but a theme everyone can identify with..the fear of the monster in the closet.
3. Stuck in Love (2012) - Stuck in Love is a 2012 American independent romantic comedy-drama film written and directed by Josh Boone. The film stars Jennifer Connelly, Greg Kinnear, Lily Collins, Nat Wolff and Logan Lerman. The film opens on Thanksgiving and ends on Thanksgiving, and plays out through the 364 days in between.
2. The Ice Storm (1997) - Ang Lee’s adaptation of Rick Moody’s novel. Set the weekend after thanksgiving 1973 the Hood family are skidding out of control. There’s so much here in this stylish multi-faceted kitchen sink drama based around a suburban Connecticut: middle class families experimenting with casual sex, drink, etc., finding their lives out of control.
1. THANKSGIVING (2007) - Totally cheating and just for fun, but Eli Roth directed and narrated this faux trailer segment Thanksgiving for Grindhouse. I totally realize we’ve put this as number 1, that’s irrelevant because can you imagine if this movie had actually been made?! and how awesome it would have been.